Quito: High School English Teacher (Grades 9-12)
Area: High School
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teachers will participate in the development, implementation and revision of new curriculum.
- Teachers will prepare weekly or unit lesson plans in advance in collaboration with departmental peers and will hand them into their departmental coordinator prior the beginning of the period of week.
- Teachers will create interdisciplinary links with other subjects through communication and collaboration with area peers.
- Teachers will maintain an accurate record of students’ progress. Gradebooks will be kept current and with all relevant student information including homework, tardies, exam and project grades, etc.
- Teachers will fill in the bi-weekly reports requires by the PAS and hand them in on time.
- Teachers will participate with administration and faculty in establishing and maintaining standards of students conduct in setting other than classroom.
- Teachers will consistently follow all school and departmental policies
- Teachers will initiate and/or participate in school functions, which further enrich students’ school experience and contribute to the success of the school as a whole. These include: Math Night, Science Fair, Arts Month, Social Sciences Fair, Open House, concerts, plays, and any others the School may program.
- Teachers will participate in peer observations at least twice a semester.
- Teachers will work on special committees or task forces as needed.
- Teachers will comply with all duties assigned to them. These may include: Lunch/hall duty, sub duty, study hall monitor, detention monitor, student council advisor, community task monitor, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of two years’ full-time teaching experience (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or specialized subject area (required)
- Preferably fully bilingual in Spanish and English
- Proficiency in computer applications
APPLY TO THIS POSITION
LINKS OF INTEREST