Quito: Middle School Counselor
Area: Middle School
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and process information on students with possible emotional and behavioral issues.
- Evaluate situation through classroom observations and conversations with concerned and involved individuals.
- Administer emotional and ability tests when required to analyze and provide solutions to a given situation.
- Assist teachers in designing strategies to positively address classroom issues related to collective or individual emotional needs and behavior.
- Organize and direct parent conferences in Spanish with topics related and aligned with the Upper School Program.
- Plan, organize and develop student workshops preferably in Spanish
- Refer students to external resources when deemed necessary and follow up with the specialist.
- Plan and implement social awareness programs to promote and maintain a positive school environment.
- Build and maintain detailed records of meetings, interviews, interventions and progress made by student and grade level.
- Respond with the demands and expectations of the DECE Distrital Office in a timely manner
- Manage and improve teacher-student advisory and retreat program
Qualifications & Skills
- Required 3 years of full time experience in the field and/or in an educational setting
- MA in Psychology
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English and experience in Latin -American Communities
APPLY TO THIS POSITION
LINKS OF INTEREST